Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Letter to Caleb

Caleb,
One of my favorite things is nursing you to sleep at night. I love cuddling up next to you in bed, smelling your sweet little head while you contentedly nurse, feeling your little hands touch my face, so comfy, so peaceful, so warm. You are starting to fall asleep less often by the end of our bedtime session now, but for a few months there you would fall asleep every time. If you are still awake when we are done, I just lay you down in your crib on your tummy, you pop up on your hands and smile at me, then lay your little head down, and go to sleep. I cherish these little moments now more than ever.

I have seen how fast they dissapear.

I never imagined I would still be feeding a baby during the night by almost 5 months, but here we are, and you know what!? I don't mind a bit, and even look forward to when I get to tuck you in next to me during the wee hours for a little milk. This baby phase is so fleeting, so precious, and I am soaking up every drop of you. I love you sweet boy, my fourth son, and my little sunshine.

Love, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment