Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Caleb is 6 months old today!

Caleb weighs 20 pounds 14 ounces, is 28 inches long, and has a head circumference of 17 and 3/4 inches. This puts him in the 90th percentile for weight, 87th percentile for height, and the 74th percentile for head size.

He is a BIG boy!

We waited until 6 months to start any solid food, so up to this point he has been entirely breastfed! I do feel a sense of pride and satisfaction knowing all of his healthy growth has come right from his mama's milk! Daddy decided to feed Caleb some bananas without me for his very first food, so I didn't get a picture! But, I fed him some avacado the next day, which is what I had intended his first food to be, and I took these pictures. So, it was his second bite! He wasn't a huge fan, but I know he will get the hang of it before long! I love my littlest man!

Caleb is really growing physically and taking off mentally too! He is still the happiest guy around, and barely fusses even though he has just broken his first two teeth! The first one came out the day after Easter, April 25th, and the second one made it appearance May 13th. The bottom front two, of course!

Caleb also rolled from back to tummy for the first time on Easter, and now rolls like crazy all over! And he started sitting unassisted for up to a minute or more in the last week! He also started getting on his hands and knees, rocking back and forth, and even pushing himself up to a push up position! He is VERY strong! Just a few days ago Daddy stood Caleb up next to our baby/toddler rocking chair, and he stood holding on to that thing for a few minutes!


He also started babbling mama, and baba, despite Daddy's best effort to get him to say dada! I, of course, love his choice for his first babble! He also loves blowing raspberries, and spitting up a storm. He is learning to use his mouth in so many ways, including biting on everything he can get his chubby little hands on! He gives me a chomp every now and then while nursing, but I just detach him when he does it, so he will know not to do that!

With so many changes going on, Caleb had a rough couple of weeks of napping, but things are starting to get back on track! He takes 2 or 3 naps a day, and sleeps about 12 hours at night, waking up twice to eat between 6:30 pm, and 6:30 am. I am pretty happy with his sleeping overall!

So, as you can see by this giant list of the things he learned in only the last two weeks, he has gone through SOO many changes! Too many, too quickly for my taste, but so much fun to watch all the same!
I have a strong feeling he will be learning to crawl sometime this month, and then my house will be even messier than it is now! Is that even possible!?

No comments:

Post a Comment