Thursday, July 14, 2011

My Mount Everest

We live atop the steepest hill in all of Rancho Cucamonga.  It's quite a view.
Seriously though, it's gotta be a 45 degree angle.  That's steep right?  I'm not so good in the math department. Whatever the angle, it is my excuse for not going on walks, which is pretty much the only form of exercise I have time for, with the kids in tow, of course.  Between the stroller and the kids, we're talking about 160 extra pounds for me to push up and down this hill.  Therefore, no exercise has been happening 'round these parts.  Hence the reason my butt is in the wrong hemisphere.  The southern one.  I prefer the northern.

Today, however, all of that changed.  Today was the first day I took all the boys on a walk to the park.  We are quite the sight.  Triple stroller, and a baby in a carrier.  "Are they all yours?" asked the neighbor.  "You've been busy."  "Why, yes.  Thank you for noticing.  You'd understand if you saw my husband."  Of course, I didn't actually say that. I would have liked to see the look on his face if I would have though!

Anyway, I am ashamed to say we totally cheated.  We went down the hill.  But Grammy met us at the park.  So when it came time to leave, we piled in her car, put the stroller in the trunk, and she drove up the hill.  Do you blame me?

Maybe tomorrow will be the day we make it down the hill, and up again.  It's time our hill became my excuse for being in shape, instead of out of shape!

No comments:

Post a Comment