Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Ah, summer!

I took the kids on a walk to my mom's house today.  I wanted to die about halfway through.  I had the triple stroller, and four children who couldn't or didn't want to walk any longer.  It was about 90 degrees, and I was drenched in sweat, but I trudged on!  I couldn't dissapoint the kiddos.  It did help that a solo walker told me I was supermom right about the time I felt like giving up!

So in honor of all the exercise that was had earlier in the day, we had cheeseburgers, sweet potatoe fries, mac and cheese, and broccoli for dinner.  We ate it at the picnic table.  We had watermelon ganita for dessert.  It was the perfect backyard summer dinner.  It was followed by giving all four boys a bath outside in their pool!  Ah, how I love summer.

Levi's neck and shoulder are much better than they were a week ago, but it is nowhere near back to 100%.  It still hurts him and he won't lift his arm all the way up.  It is hard to put shirts on him without it hurting, and he still won't let me pick him up from under his armpits.  The doctor said he should make a full recovery but that it could take weeks or even months.  Poor baby.

I experienced hearing the twins talk to each other today, and it was obvious they totally understood each other, and I couldn't make out what they were saying.  It was so funny that they understood each other perfectly.  Micah has been so sweet pointing to Levi's neck and saying, "Levi hurt. Neck.  On slide."They are talking to much, and turning into little boys.  They can boht now ride a big boy bike with training wheels!  So we now have three little boys zooming around the backyard on bikes!  It's adorable! 

Caleb is still melting my heart on a daily basis.  He is so happy.  He is even happy having been taking naps very well for the past 2 weeks.  He keeps taking only one nap, either the morning or the afternoon, and staying awake for the other one for an hour in his crib, so I get him up.  It makes he an overtired baby, but he still doesn't get very cranky.  I am still troubleshooting trying to figure out what is going on with that nap!  I really doubt he is ready for one nap!  That would be veyr unlikeyl at only nine months! 

I am also having some nursing difficulty.  Suddenly a crack has appeared, and it is killing me!  I have no idea why is cropped up all the sudden!  For the time being nursing on that one side requires me to sike myself up before hand to stand the pain! Ouch!  Hopefully it goes away soon!

Been having such a good time with Nick lately.  We went to dinner at Buca di Beppo on Friday night, and we have been spending a lot of time together.  I'm such a lucky woman! 

Noah is doing really well in preschool.  He sometimes doesn't want to read the books we have without pictures, but I don't really blame him!  He is still excited to do his preschool "work" everyday, and I am so proud of him!  I really think he is growing in his love of learning, and he is learning about Jesus everyday too, which makes me the happiest of all.  That's what it's all about, and and I am so glad we get to share this time together!  I only get one chance to do this life with my family, and I am so grateful we are doing it this way!

No comments:

Post a Comment