Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Test Kitchen Tuesday

That's right.  I have dubbed Tuesday the night for trying new dinner recipes. 

I have been recently attempting to meal plan, because I have faced facts that running to the grocery store is not possible.  And when I don't know what to make for dinner, and I have only chicken breast and rice for ingredients, it makes me grumpy.  Anyhow, I have been looking over lots of recipes to add to our collection, and I think I'll share my foodie finds.  Yay! We are going to be saved from eating tacos or pasta every night!

So, tonight I made South of the Border Skillet that I found on a blog called Eat at Home.  You can find weekly meal planners with grocery lists already made for each week.  Seriously, that is the stuff of fantasy.  I am in love.

This is the finished product from tonight.  It's glorified beans and rice, but oh so yummy.  We usually eat dinner with meat in it, but we didn't miss it one bit!  I will definitely make this again!  We paired it with fresh salsa from Costco, and the most delicious salad I have eaten in recent memory:

4 cups baby greens
1 avacado, diced
1/3 cup salsa
1/4 shredded cheese
2 green onions, sliced
Cilantro, handfull, chopped
Toss.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment